Orthokeratology (also known as Ortho-K) contact lenses are a safe and established method of correcting vision. It works by wearing a custom designed rigid contact lens overnight to gently reshape the cornea. The lenses essentially act like a mould (think of a retainer for your teeth) that flattens the central part of the cornea. This temporarily changes the power of your natural eye’s lens system, giving the wearer clear vision without the need to wear glasses or contact lenses.
Ortho-K is not just an elegant way to correct your vision, we actually consider it beneficial in a range of clinical settings. These include if:
- You suffer from ocular allergies (itchy eyes).
- Have dry, red or irritated eyes associated with daytime contact lens wear.
- Have progressing myopia (short-sightedness).
- You do a lot of swimming and/or water sports.
- You work in very dusty or smoky environments
For children, teenagers and young adults, Orthokeratology can be used as a tool to help control myopia (short-sightedness). For more information on Myopia Control click here,or for a comprehensive orthokeratology lenses price, get in touch with the team here.
We use only the most up to date lens technology. Our overnight vision correction lenses are completely custom designed and manufactured for you. This is important as many other lens systems commonly used in the industry are pre-manufactured in a range of sizes and you are provided simply with the nearest to what you need.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can! They are both good options. Main differences to be aware of:
- Orthokeratology is not as invasive or expensive as laser refractive surgery.
- Orthokeratology is also completely reversible, unlike refractive surgery.
- Orthokeratology lenses can change if your vision changes.
- Over a certain age, we can manipulate your correction to help you stay reading glasses free!
It is important to note also, you are generally excluded from being able to have refractive laser surgery if your prescription is actively changing. This is not a problem for Ortho-K.
It is important to note that not every person, prescription or eye may be suitable for overnight vision correction. Don’t worry, this is part of our process! We will always do a complete and thorough general eye test before making any plans to proceed. This includes a full vision test, corneal topography and a full ocular health assessment (both front and back of eye).
Once we have a full picture of your prescription, eye health and visual needs we can more accurately predict if you are likely to have a good outcome or not with overnight vision correction lenses. We try and make sure you have all the information upfront and in advance of you investing time and money into an Ortho-K correction.
All our final ortho k pricing quotes are given once we know exactly what is required after your initial assessment. No hidden surprises! If you are just after a rough guide, you can usually expect between $1500 and $2000 for new fits.
Our orthokeratology lenses price is inclusive of:
- 2x orthokeratology contact lenses.
- A complete fitting adjustment warranty for each lens, just in case any adjustments are needed.
- An all inclusive consultation fee that covers you for all the appointments required to complete the fitting process (no maximum).
At East Vision Optometry we don’t just use one supplier, each have their own pros and cons for certain patients. Some of them are cheaper and some are dearer. We strive to keep our pricing better VALUE than the industry average.
Why does the ortho k price range in cost? Some of the factors that can vary the lenses we use are:
- Patient prescription (far sighted/ short sighted? A little or a lot? Astigmatism too?)
- Patient’s eye (Corneal shape and size. Any corneal irregularities? Any underlying ocular surface disease that may need parallel treatment/ management?)
- Correction type (Distance vision only? Need a bit of reading help/ support also? Adult/ Teenager/ Child? Myopia Control?)
- Prior or current Ortho-K use? Just need a re-fit?
In our many years of experience, fitting Ortho-K is not a “one size fits all” service.
Book your Ortho-K assessment
What can we help you with?
“The best optometrist! My experience at East Vision was great, they were friendly, got to know me, and you can see their genuine care for their customers. You get a real feeling that nothing is being missed and the optometrist Photi's friendly approach, willingness to explain the process and answer my questions along the way was reassuring. If you are seeking a brilliant local optometrist in the Bulimba / Balmoral / Hawthorne area, I cannot recommend them enough!”Paul H.
“I recently had my eyes tested at East Vision Optometry and was extremely impressed by the detail taken to check all aspects of my eyes. They took images of the front and back of my eyes and saved these to use for future benchmarking to see what changes occur over time. They also ran through a detailed explanation of the overall condition of my eyes and my vision. This level of detail and explanation was something I haven’t experienced with optometrists I’ve seen in the past so I will definitely be using East Vision as my optometrist moving forward.”Sandy C.
“Amazing, friendly and high quality service and reasonable prices!”Greta S.
“What a great local business to support! Very professional and friendly. Photi was very thorough and informative with the eye examination, fully explaining all the tests and their results. The staff are wonderful front of house, very welcoming and knowledgeable. They have a great range of frames, from classic to funky, to suit all budgets. I would highly recommend.”Jan S.