The Patient Experience
An eye test is NOT a just a process you go through before buying glasses. Good patient care and outcomes are based on taking the time and effort to explore all aspects of the eye’s health and discussing with the patient their individual needs and expectations.
The Consumer Experience
We strive to exceed any expectations you may have in regards to quality and value when it comes to your frames, lenses and contact lenses. Your most precious sense deserves the best. We strive to offer value at all price points. And most importantly, we strive to provide good old fashioned customer service, the kind that is hard to find these days.
Dr Photi Tanos (Principal Optometrist/ Owner)
Photi has been working in a clinical optometry setting for over 14 years. Special interests include:
- Ocular diseases and management. Photi has actively been involved in co-management roles with local GPs and Ophthalmologist to ensure optimal patient outcomes in a range of disease processes including Diabetes, Glaucoma, Cataract and Macular Degeneration.
- Children’s Vision. A good start to life is so important, being apart of that journey is a privilege. Photi is also an Aligned Optometrist with the Queensland Children’s Hospital.
- Specialty Contact lens fitting. Since studying aspects of Keratoconus at University, Photi has had a special interest in how to optimise vision in difficult situations. He has experience using a wide range of specialty contact lenses including RGPs, Sclerals/ Mini-Sclerals, Hybrid lenses and Orthokeratology.
B.App.Sci. (Optometry) (Hons) – Queensland University of Technology (2008)
Graduate Certificate in Ocular Therapeutics – University of New South Wales (2013)
Memberships & Associations
- Optometry Australia
- Aligned Optometrist- Queensland Children’s Hospital
- Member – Orthokeratology Society of Oceania
Aviation Vision Assessments (CASA)
Photi is a CASA Credentialed Optometrist (CO). This means he is able to perform aviation eye exams. For further information regarding this service and to enquire about fees, please call the practice on (07) 3558 8818 or send us an email enquiry.
Photi has worked in most of the different models of Optometry within Australia since graduating in 2008.
- He started working in a large chain store setting but quickly realised these business models were not compatible with the best clinical care or clinical freedom.
- After 12 months he then transferred to a smaller group of practices where he became the Principal/ Managing Optometrist.
- For over 11 years now he is proud to have only worked within fully independent Optometry practices (most recently including Vision Optics in West End).
Atchison, David A., Mathur, Ankit, Read, Scott A., Walker, Mitchell, Tanos, Photios, Newman, Alexander, et al. (2010) Peripheral ocular aberrations in mild and moderate keratoconus. Investigative Ophthalmology & Visual Science.
What can we help you with?
“The best optometrist! My experience at East Vision was great, they were friendly, got to know me, and you can see their genuine care for their customers. You get a real feeling that nothing is being missed and the optometrist Photi's friendly approach, willingness to explain the process and answer my questions along the way was reassuring. If you are seeking a brilliant local optometrist in the Bulimba / Balmoral / Hawthorne area, I cannot recommend them enough!”Paul H.
“I recently had my eyes tested at East Vision Optometry and was extremely impressed by the detail taken to check all aspects of my eyes. They took images of the front and back of my eyes and saved these to use for future benchmarking to see what changes occur over time. They also ran through a detailed explanation of the overall condition of my eyes and my vision. This level of detail and explanation was something I haven’t experienced with optometrists I’ve seen in the past so I will definitely be using East Vision as my optometrist moving forward.”Sandy C.
“Amazing, friendly and high quality service and reasonable prices!”Greta S.
“What a great local business to support! Very professional and friendly. Photi was very thorough and informative with the eye examination, fully explaining all the tests and their results. The staff are wonderful front of house, very welcoming and knowledgeable. They have a great range of frames, from classic to funky, to suit all budgets. I would highly recommend.”Jan S.